Two-wheeler insurance is one of the most widespread forms of general insurance. Every rider who owns a scooter or a motorcycle is obligated to buy either a third party or a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan. If you are planning to get a new policy for yourself, take a look at this article to understand how a bike insurance plan works in the first place. This will help you find the best coverage for yourself.
Using two wheeler insurance to boost your profits
The main aim of buying an insurance plan is to protect your finances. After an accident, you don’t have to bear the expenses of the repairs if you have a good bike insurance plan in place. So you need to understand how a two wheeler plan works to know how you can maximise your profits and keep your bank account intact.
There are primarily two types of bike insurance plans – the third party cover and the comprehensive cover.
- Third party cover: The third party covers pays for the damages sustained by a third party if you get involved in an accident with your vehicle. Your insurer will pay for the repairs to the concerned vehicle as well as its owner. Any other damage to the third party property will also be compensated by your insurance provider. Any legal expenses stemming out of an accident will also be borne by the insurer. You do not get any cover for your own vehicle under this type of an insurance cover.
- Comprehensive cover: A comprehensive plan will provide cover for all the points included in a third party cover. In addition, it will also pay for the damages to your own vehicle. A comprehensive plan is more expensive than a third party plan, but it is highly advisable for you to buy it. You make a slightly higher investment while buying the plan, but in the long run end up with some serious profits. Bike accidents are common and as riders we all know how expensive repairing your own vehicle is. A comprehensive cover assures to protect your vehicle and gives you all the mental peace you need to enjoy riding your precious two-wheeler.
Using two wheeler insurance to boost your bike’s protection
So now that you know about the different types of coverage available, choose the best possible plan to protect your bike. Some of the ways in which you can do this include:
- Get the highest possible cover: It is important for you to get the highest possible cover in your budget. To do this, all you need to do is run an online comparison of the available options. You will then be able to locate the best plan with the highest coverage at the most affordable rate too.
- Choose the correct deductible: If you are confident of your riding skills, opt for a higher deductible. This will help bring down the cost of the bike insurance cover, even while you will have the best possible protection for your vehicle.
- Don’t forget the NCB: The no claim bonus accumulates every year if you continue to stay claim free. Try to keep it that way and be a safe rider in the process. This will automatically optimise your as well as your bike’s protection.
- Opt for riders: You can effectively protect your bike from unforeseen dangers by opting for a few riders along with your base two wheeler insurance plan. The common bike insurance riders include the zero depreciation rider, the roadside assistance rider and so on. Choose a few riders that you feel will deliver well and customise the cover in a more usable fashion.
So as you can clearly see from the points mentioned above, there is a lot of scope for you to improve on your future two wheeler insurance purchases. If you had been buying bike insurance without proper thought all these years, it is time now for you to sit up and take note. Try to get a comprehensive cover as even with the extra cost that you pay, the cover is completely worth it. Compare the available options to see what your best choices are. Then make a smart purchase and keep yourself and your two-wheeler wholesomely protected.